Cassava starch processing machine description:
The production of cassava starch comprises the machines such as cassava washing machine, crushing machine, fine fiber sieve, desander and desilter, starch hydrocyclone, vacuum filter, airflow flash dryer and packaging machine. We have provided below a brief description on the main steps of the cassava starch production process.
1. Cassava washing machine: wash the fresh cassava roots in clean water to remove mud, sand and other impurities. Note: The water source should be checked regularly to ensure it is not dirty or contaminated.
2. Cassava crushing machine: load the crusher with washed cassava roots while the engine is running to crush the cassava roots into the cassava slurry, and separate to remove the cassava residues, to obtain uniformly smooth cassava slurry. Note: The crushing drum and all food contact areas should be made from stainless steel.
3. Fine fiber sieve: commonly physical operation which is used for the separation of cassava residues from cassava slurry by interposing a medium(filter) through which only the raw starch milk can pass (depending on the pore size and filter thickness).
4. Desander and desilter: solid control equipment that separate sand and silt from the raw starch milk. Desander is installed before the desilter and normally the solids diameter for desander to be separated would be larger than for desilter.
5. Starch hydrocyclone: classify, separate or sort particles in a liquid suspension based on the ratio of their centripetal force to fluid resistance, this ratio is high for dense and coarse particles, and low for light and fine particles.
6. Vacuum filter: it's considered a proven technique for separating fines from liquids to realize the starch water content up to 35-40% for the next starch drying.
7. Airflow flash dryer: effectively dry the wet starch to low moisture content by principle of heat transfer exchange, and sieve to obtain fine granules of uniform size, larger particles of starch that are separated should be broken again.
8. Starch packaging machine: pack desired quantities into a woven polythene sack with a plastic lining, seal or stitch the sack to keep the starch clean and fresh during storage. Properly label the packages according to the standards of national regulatory agencies.